Google+ How to fix "Mergelist Error" in Cydia for iOS 7.x ~ Priyam5000

Saturday 4 January 2014

How to fix "Mergelist Error" in Cydia for iOS 7.x



Today I was browsing Cydia, trying to discover some new tweaks or themes that might really come in handful to me. It wasn't that easy and I coudn't really find a great app. So I decided to add another repo thinking that would help me get some great tweaks but things didn't really turn the way I had planned it would.

On addidng another repo to Cydia, I suddenly met with an unexpected message saying:
Wow, you exceeded the number of package names this APT is capable of.
Problem with MergeList
The package lists or status files could not be parsed or opened.
Cydia went blank, in fact everything inside it went blank. Well that was enough for me to get extremely panic and nervous. 
I experimented and did great a lot of funny things. And after hours of effort I put in, I finally found a solution to this messy problem.

1. Go to Cydia and close the Error prompt.
2. Navigate yourself to Manage> Sources> Edit
3. Now you will have to remove any of the built in sources, my advice is to remove Zodttv since nearly all of its content is themes and no tweaks.
4. After removing, you're done!

The main reason for this problem was that Cydia ran out of space in its data structure to host packages. If your number of repository sources exceeds the limit of 65,000 , you are going to get this error. So the only way to fix this would be removing some built in repositories thus making space for Cydia to host your packages.

Any help or questions, please put then down below and u will get back to you as soon as possible.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013 Priyam5000. Powered by Blogger.